The Coldwell Banker and Adopt-a-Pet.com National Pet Adoption Weekend is coming up on September 28th and 29th. The network has already helped more than 20,000 dogs get adopted. Helping dogs is a great way to connect with your community. Did you know more U.S. households have dogs than have children – and people consider their dogs to be a part of the family.
Want to hold an event in your office? Here is what you need to get started:
- Find a local shelter. You can visit Adopt-a-Pet.com’s customized search page to find a shelter planning to participate. If you connect with a shelter that isn’t aware of the event or the local shelter isn’t part of the Adopt-a-Pet.com network ask them to sign up here.
- With the help of your office manager, submit the following documents to Diana Werkmeister. The sooner these documents are received, the better. The absolute deadline to submit these documents is Thursday, September 5th.
- Written permission from the building landlord to allow pets on the property for the day of the event (only applicable if your event is taking place at your office)
- Insurance rider from the adoption agency naming NRT LLC as an insured for the day of the event
- Get in touch with Diana Werkmeister to request materials for your event, including: a custom flyer, social media event & posts, and t-shirts.