When you’re entrusted with sensitive information and documents, it’s certainly necessary to maintain a secure office environment. Tidiness, good information security practices and your best judgment help keep such data protected. Here are a few tips:
- Keep your workspace looking clean and professional.
- Don’t leave sensitive documents out on desks, printers or fax machines. Always put away confidential information, even if your office door has a lock.
- Keep desk drawers and file cabinets locked.
- Password protect laptops and other devices.
- Throw away unnecessary documents often and shred them if they contain private data.
We want to ensure everyone knows how to protect confidential information! For more information about risk awareness and how to keep your information safe, watch this important video.