Password protection is one of the most essential aspects of cybersecurity. By adhering to the following guidelines, you’ll protect your clients’ sensitive information while safeguarding your own. For a strong password:
- Use a minimum of 8 characters.
- Use a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols.
- Avoid using easily guessed words, names or phrases (welcome, password, etc.)
- Avoid the obvious (abcdefg, 12345678, etc.)
Good password habits:
- Use different passwords for business and personal accounts.
- Whether passwords are written down or stored electronically, keep them in a secure location.
For more information about risk awareness and how to keep your information safe, watch this important video.