Nowadays, few objects contain more personal and professional information than our smartphones. It’s simple to protect these devices from threats and criminals with a few proactive steps. Here are a few best practices:
- Enable password protection and use the strongest password possible.
- Activate the lockout screen and set a short idle timeout (one minute or so).
- Don’t store sensitive data on your smartphone.
- Turn off Bluetooth and GPS when not in use.
- Use extra caution when joining unfamiliar Wi-Fi networks.
For more information about risk awareness and how to keep your information safe, watch this important video.